Friday, January 30, 2009
1. I'd really like _a very big glass of red wine__ right now.
2. _@#*&!!___ is the word you'd most often hear me say if I stubbed my toe.
3. Possession is _mine____.
4. _Love_ Captain Jack Sparrow.
5. Marshmallows and fire go together like _passion and kisses__.
6. __shovel snow_ on and on.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _a quiet evening__, tomorrow my plans include _not sure if we are going to NH or just gyming it_ and Sunday, I want to _watch some SuperBowl,(even though my honey is not playing) and recover from Saturday____!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
What gives you hope?
That fact that the sun will shine again tomorrow ..
How often do you get your haircut? Describe your worst haircut.
How often SHOULD I get it cut, and when do I really do it? I should cut it every 6 weeks .. but I go about 8-9 weeks .. i think! It is such a production, it takes me that long to prepare! LOL
Worst haircut?? When I was 14 .. the haircut was really, really short .. my sweet sister kept trying to tell me that it looked really good .. I don't have any pictures .. so I don't know!
What's your most treasured piece of jewelry? Why?
Isn't that funny ... I was thinking about that yesterday .. I don't know if I have a "most" .. I would feel to guilty~it's like picking a favorite child! I am not a big jewelery person ..(not to say I don't like it! ;) .. right now all I wear is my watch, I have a bacio bracelet with two beads.... and sometimes I wear a necklace that my mom used to wear.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Thanks to Zena Musings' Sacred Life Sunday and her postings about what connects her to Spirit... today I have chosen to write about my running, and how it makes my innerself celebrate.
I have been running (maybe it was jogging at first!) off and on since 1985 .. It was first introduced to me in 1983, (when we were living in Hong Kong) by who else .. a runner. He called himself The Lean Mean Running Machine .. I was a spectator (and cheerleader!) then, watching track runs, and road races. It took about a year and a half for me to decide to try it myself. At the time I had a walkman, and a mixed song cassette tape of Huey Lewis and the News and The Cars .. off I went trotting down Peak Road, dodging double decker buses on narrow roads. I kept a running journal and tracked my time and mileage. Fast track (no pun) to 1991 when I decided to run races .. my old boss used to laugh and say that I only ran the races for the t-shirts .. it was that year that I did the most road races; my most accomplished was a half marathon. (I was probably also at my most thinnest ...*sigh*)
Then life took over, and babies were born... and running went on the back burner for a while. After Alet was born, I realized I needed my outlet back .. and to the gym I went .. faithfully started back on a regime .. then injury set in .. and it threw my running off for several years. I joined the gym, lifted weights .. did Kick boxing, stair master ..could do everything else but run!
Finally three years ago, I decided that it was time to try again .. with constant coaching .. the bug bit me hard, except this time my runs have become so much more to me than ever before.
I have run through moves, through deployment, through heartache, through happy times and sad times ... it is my stress reliever, my permission to drink extra wine and eat more chocolate .. running doesn't require much coordination ..(forget Step Class or Spin classes .. elliptical machines?!?) and best of all ... I can listen to my music as loud as I want, and just run ... and run, and run .. I can run at 5:00 am or 8:00 pm ..the pavement is my friend! My running shoes always travel with me .. I have had the opportunity to run in many different places; different countries..I can proclaim that I have run in 90+ degrees and the lowest of 12 degrees! .. Running makes me feel strong ..it is my peace and tranquility ..I love to run!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
1. Oh, I am so _excited____!
2. _Embrace_ changes, big and little.
3. During _my treadmill runs__, I _get lost in my music__.
4. _NO WINE??____; are you kidding me???
5. Right now I'd like to be _wrapped up in a blanket, sipping wine___.
6. _My laptop_ is my favorite gadget.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _just chillin' with my childrn'_, tomorrow my plans include _gym and ? not sure yet__ and Sunday, I want to _clean? nah..work from home_!
Photo courtesy Aletta
So .. it's Thursday .. time to play T13 .. or Thursday 13, a list of 13 on Thursday .. so I am borrowing from Janet . .. and since this has been a crazy week .. here are 13 things on my mind:
- Instead of blogging, I should really be doing some work!
- "Who Knew.." P!nk is playing in the background of my mind ..
- ahhhh .. Friday tomorrow ... no getting up for the gym ...ahhhhhh
- My best run EVER today ... loooove it!
- I'm tired .. would like to go to bed now!
- "until we meet again .. " wow .. that song keeps going on in my mind .. I'll have to add a clip from you tube or something ..
- the house smells like lasagna .. Fat Friday tomorrow .. as if we need more food in the office. But we like to eat.. and talk .. and laugh, and oh yes, work. Today was a "tough" day .. the people that called weren't very nice today, I was actually hung up on .. I was told to "get it right" and then he hung up on me! Oh yes .. that really makes me want to "get it right" for him! I'm glad I was able to relieve some of his stress today! "Get it right!" ~ as if!
- I probably should vacuum .. Bruce's hair is everywhere .. drives me crazy!
- Is it too late to pour a glass of wine .. ?
- Haha .. just told the kids (" " I should put quotations around 'kids') that it's 9:36pm.. time for bed ... bed ... I looove my bed .. it is so comfortable, and warm. I need to get a different blanket .. Bruce has chewed on mine (grrr)
- Oh, make sure to let co-worker R know I'll be in at 9 .. text, text ..
- ....to have P!nk's abs ... I need to start my crunches again .. running only, isn't enough to build them ... getting old!
- number 13 .. favorite number! I'm going to bed .. I'm sleepy now.
Monday, January 19, 2009
(I was supposed to be at the gym at 6:00am ..uhhhh, I didn't make it! But by golly, was I stronger!!)
Sunday, January 18, 2009
My kayak represents peace and serenity. When I push off, and feel the kayak slide into the water, there is an instant calmness. There is nothing like a quiet journey on the lake. I can't wait for spring and summer ..
Saturday, January 17, 2009
1. Enough with the _drama_.
2. _Wants, needs and reality_ causes me to be conflicted.
3. I've been craving _dutch licorice and a good dose of oh, never mind__!
4. _Co-worker R_ makes me laugh.
5. I wish I could go to _Aruba_ next week.(today?)
6. __Creating my bucket list_ has been on my mind lately.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _taking my kids out for dinner_, tomorrow my plans include _8 mile run and shopping for essentials_ and Sunday, I want to _enjoy the next 4-7 inches of snow we are supposed to be getting_!
Monday, January 12, 2009
My sister had told me for years that Noah is an old soul. He can be very reflective and very wise. Most times(!) he has a calm energy around him.. when he isn't yelling "HEAD SHOT!!" while playing that box-X game!
If you were to name the most creative outlet that you have, what would it be?
Hmm.. I don't know if I have a creative outlet .. I enjoy the challenge of seeing things from a different view, so taking pictures is a start to "my creative outlet" ..
What spot in your body would you say is the center of your emotional being?
The very center ~ the core .. I believe all our energy, emotional and physical, radiate from our core
What do you think is the secret to a tranquil soul?
ahhh .. seeking peace and serenity ~ and love the moment you are in it
(okay, okay .. I could settle for a beach chair, drink in hand .. sound of the ocean waves .. warmth!)
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
“Up from the ashes, grow the roses of success.”
Saturday, January 3, 2009
This was the first "real" snow storm on December 21 .. my inner child HOPEs that we'll have many more like this one .. the romantic in me says "ahh.... where's my blanket, add the wood in the woodstove and grab some wine" and then my adult-reality-serious side says " I HOPE these kind of snow storms occur on the weekends when I can take my time shoveling snow!"
On a complete side note: I HOPE to have my blog brain back soon ..
..and I HOPE to get my post up about Noah ... soon!
Happy New Year everyone! I HOPE 2009 brings happiness, health and much laughter.