- Cynthia and Tim, most of all Cynthia!
- Janine - see #8 ..
- Rachel - and Jonesy? oh no, I meant work.. we worked a lot, and laughed a lot (at work, while we worked)
- Being able to drive to Massachusetts on a moments notice to see my sister
- Scenic road trips .. for so many reasons
- My in laws knowing they are close by
- Seadogs (okay .. maybe I should say "places out" since it's really about the wine and good company!)
- Luna's (is that too close to number 8?)
- Thai lunches
- Subway lunches on park benches when the sun shines! (Must take advantage of those precious sunny moments!!)
- Running Hills (a good work out after the wine!)
- Feeling like I am home
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Saturday, June 6, 2009
1. __There is a great big hill, which gets me all the time, when I am running towards_ home.
2. My favorite thing for dinner lately has been _dinner? is that when you cook? oh, going out .. quesadillas__.
3. _____ bark! bark! bark! (That’s what she said)
4. A nice long walk _can clear the mind _.
5. __Summer is virtually here, for Maine, that is _ some good news.
6. When all is said and done, _you will still need to look in the mirror _.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _a night out with the girls_, tomorrow my plans include _a night out with the girls_ and Sunday, I want to _kayak early in the morning_! (out with the girls again?! LOL …. just kidding!)
Click here to play along … happy weekend!
Friday, June 5, 2009
Happy Thursday …
So .. lately I have been on a non running streak .. kind of like having a blog block .. so for tonight’s Thursday 13 tradition .. pondering on what list needs to be created .. I thought it may be motivating to find 13 reasons to get back on track …. so, here it goes …
- New running shoes: nothing feels better than a new pair of shoes
- “I eat to run, and run to eat” …… I love to eat … all day long .. no running means no eating??!!
- Is that why I am feeling pudgy? …. ya, I’m not too happy about that!
- I need to be able to answer “YES” when I get asked “Did you run today?” (…..YES .. I ran today!!)
- These are the last few weeks in Maine … go and run those hills .. we all know Texas has none!
- I love smelling the lilacs this time of year
- Get training for the half marathon ~ ambitious goal: Rock ‘n Roll in San Antonio in November
- You just never know who you’ll meet running down the street .. or the sights that you see ..
- ahhhh yes … the pain .. in the hips, knees .. I run for the pain …NOT ! (oops, this was a motivational list!)
- My music … although I need to change it up again .. some of Noah’s music is getting a little too loud for me ..
- That sense of accomplishment after a long run .. I need to feel that again.
- Alone time
- Nothing is more freeing then to step out of the house, knowing you’re running .. and not knowing where you are going, or how long you’ll run for … just ‘going for a run’
Monday, June 1, 2009
Thanks to Fleur de Lisa for Manic Monday .. check her blog … very cool!
Imagine you're packing a picnic lunch. What would be in your basket?
First question .. who am I picnicking with? That would make the difference with what is in my basket!!
Second question .. where will we picnic? the beach? the park? a long hike up the mountain? … all these things would matter to know what will be in my basket!
Third question .. how is the weather? .. warm, sunny? fall crisp day? ….
Oh wait … is this a spontaneous picnic? … I am a “prepared go with the flow“ type of gal!
If your life were a weather vane, which direction would it be pointing right now? Southwest!
What's something that people do in traffic that really annoys you?
It absolutely frustrates me when the sign on the road says “left lane will close in 1/2 mile” and people continue to travel in the left lane, and then try to squeeze in right at the blinking arrow .. they should have gotten in line three quarters of a mile ago.