Thursday, April 30, 2009
1. The first rule of working in an office and getting along is _ to create "fat friday" and bring lots of food every friday .. preferably the good fattening stuff!____.
2. _Fried _ clams.
3. When I think of carnivals I think of _fried dough ____.
4. _The tulip is_ my favorite spring flower.
5. Things on my desk include _an apprepriation note from my boss__.
6.Hair stuck in the drain of the shower_ makes me wanna _gag____.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _lol, grocery shopping?? i would much rather go out for a drink!____, tomorrow my plans include _a run, and picture taking__ and Sunday, I want to _join the March of Dimes and do more pictures____!
If you want to play .... come and click here!
It's the last thursday of the month .. time for Thirteen Things in April... stolen in it's original form from Janet of T13 ...
- Picture of: Alet took this picture of herself ... my girl is so talented! She should be taking the photography class .. not me!
- Current Scent: I still am not burning candles .. but have had the scented oil with bamboo sticks in a jar ... Fresh Fig from Pier 1
- What I am reading: trying to understand photography
- Newest music added to my playlist: ahh.. Noah's zune .. Disturbed, Saliva .. Korn?!?
- Movies I saw: Duplicity with Bob (was disappointed)
- Something yummy I made: I made Arlene's Potato Chowder for Alet.. her favorite
- The last place I ate out: Muddy Rudder .. we sat out on the deck!
- Something that made me cry: Easter Sunday .. too many truths came out
- Something that made me laugh: when I was trying to be stealth-like, and I leaned into the horn of the truck, accidentally!
- Something I look forward to in May: K-A-Y-A-K ... sunshine
- Something I am thankful for: being healthy.. I finally broke the 10 mile barrier, and ran 12 miles last Saturday!! (the last time I ran this many miles in one day was 1991!)
- Something I want to remember this month: How brave Alet was when she had her wisdom teeth removed (and then I made her go to school after 4 days, while her face was still swollen! Is she scarred forever?)
- A photo I took this month:
Thursday, April 23, 2009
- I need to get to work; the longer I blog, the later I stay up
- The Office is on .. another procrastination to work!
- Alet is phenomenal at healing .. she had four impacted wisoms removed, and her i-teeth exposed ... this morning! She wanted to go bathing suit shopping tonight!
- Run?! I'm not going to the gym tomorrow ... oh wait .. I haven't gone all week! S-L-U-G
- However, I did run 12 on Saturday ....(and here I thought it was 11.5~!)
- Friday tomorrow!
- Kayak this weekend ... they are saying 80's .....in April in Maine !! K-A-Y-A-K!
- Note to self: go out back and harvest from the money tree .. that is where the money comes from right?! It's what the kids must think ...
- Not sure if I like my haircut .. bangs.. what do I do with them?
- The world is our playground ... watched Yes Man today ..
- Can I go to sleep .. I am soooo tired ..
- Tell Alet to go to bed .. I want to go to bed!
- I'm so glad it's Friday tomorrow ... K-A-Y-A-K this weekend
Monday, April 20, 2009
Thank you to Lisa for another Manic Monday ...
Describe to me your favorite lounging clothes.
A big sweatshirt, comfy jeans ... and barefoot .. or if it's chilly: socks/fuzzy slippers
If you promised to never lie again in your lifetime, in what area would it be hardest to uphold the promise?
Just the whole concept of 'never lie' again is a lie ..... we all have degrees of telling lies .. it's in our nature. We do it to survive, to protect others, and to just plain be dishonest to ourselves ... so to answer the question : the area of self preservation!!
Give a one word answer to the question "why is life worth living".
B - Bed size: Full .... I looooove my bed!
C - Chore you hate: I don't like to clean the litter box .. ugh!
D - Dog's name: Bruce
Q - Quote from a movie: "I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey!"
Friday, April 17, 2009
1. Join me in _at the next road race_.
2. Put a little _spice_ in your day!
3. Happiness is _a content heart and a satisfied soul__.
4. _Dazed_ and confused.
5. I'm waiting for _the right time_.
6. _ Red wine ___ is hard to resist.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _a quiet night at home_, tomorrow my plans include _a long run, big groceries, and finishing work_ and Sunday, I want to _have breakfast with Cyn__!
This is one of the reasons I love being back in Maine .. breakfast with Cynthia! ...
Friday, April 3, 2009
1. Angel or not, I will _be_.
2. _(really!?!) ..Take me_ any way you want me.
3. As my mother used to say, you're full of _wrinkles__.
4. _I love to give myself permission to eat whatever I want_ after I'm done working out or doing something strenuous.
5. Even in the most crowded of rooms _loneliness can exist_.
6. _Report card day_ is a day fraught with peril.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to __a quiet night_, tomorrow my plans include dump run .. an outside run if it's sunny .. _ and Sunday, I want to _have breakfast with Cyn and maybe do a short road trip, or not_!
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek
Thursday was a sad, sad day. Truck and I were driving home from the gym at 6:00am when we hit a deer. It was so sad and horrible. First, I hurt a living creature ... aah.. I don't like to kill spiders, so I was quite upset! .. and second ... damage to my truck ... ahh! The last time I had to report a vehicular accident was back in February 1993! It was a rough start to the day... (thank goodness I had a decent run!)
(Header courtesy of Samulli)
I love Thursday 13 .. today's idea I stole from Janet .. where she wrote about "Snapshots of Thirteen Things in March" .... check her blog .. very cool!
1. Photo of me:
2. Current Candle Scents: I haven't really been burning any candles .. but when the mood strikes, the one I like is by the CandleLady .. another one of those learning's from my "Texas Army best in the world neighbor wives"!
3. What I am currently reading: I switch between Runner's World and Cooking Light. I haven't had a chance to sit long enough to enjoy a good book since New Year's Eve.
4. Newest music added to my play list: Well, since that dreaded moment of losing my hard drive, I have been reconstructing my Itunes Library .. I need better running songs. .. P!nk was the latest edition.
5. Movies I saw: We saw "The Reader" (very ... interesting!) and Gran Turino ...mm Clint still has it.
6. Something yummy I made this month: I made Tommie's Chocolate Chip pumpkin muffins, modified: whole wheat, fat free, and sugar free. (Of course the Chocolate chips and butterscotch chips were real)
7. The last place I ate out: A great place in the coastal town of Boothbay Harbor .. I'm embarrassed to say that I don't remember the name.
8. Something that made me cry: ..... my pending divorce
9. Something that made me laugh: ... the ride home from Boothbay Harbor
10. Something I look forward to this month: Warm weather .. I want to kayak and run outside
11. Something I am thankful for: my job
12. Something I want to remember this month: my 13 year old daughter organized a surprise birthday party for me .. she initiated it, and with help from my girlfriends, we all ate happily at Miguel's! What a thoughtful thing to do!
13. A photo I took this month: