I was running over the railroad tracks, and out of habit, looked left and right before crossing .. and just saw this. Kind of symbolic, the tracks are quiet, the train has departed, and now, it is time to move on.
… I’m moved into my new house .. I’m on week 3 of my new job … and, finally, getting clarity for me … the new house is exciting, the new job is challenging, having lost a relationship was heart breaking.
Here is a dose of reality .. my best friend yelled at me a couple of weeks ago. She told me that I had no self respect at all. She told me that I didn’t care enough about myself because I allowed men to disrespect me by their selfish behavior towards me… that I allowed them to fulfill their emotional needs before my own emotional needs were met. Well, we all know the saying (and I’m sure I have referred to it several times) about being so deep in the woods, that you don’t see the trees (or something like that..) .. I hope I’m coming out of the woods and getting back on the right track to proper self respect.
Spring! It’s just around the corner!! So we were teased on Saturday with sun and 60’s .. Sunday it snowed (!!) .. and the last couple of days it’s been cold, damp, rain .. and tomorrow.. snow!! I think it’s all in Mother Nature’s grand plan for a colorful spring… after all, March showers bring May flowers …yes… that’s it!
So this weekend we are moving out of a great transition house. When I realized we were really moving out of Texas, I had about two weeks to find a house that would fit the three of us, plus a dog and a cat. This house fell on us .. the couple that own the house were going to Florida for the winter, and needed to leave a furnished house for five months .. it was perfect for what we needed. Now it’s time to move on .. and I am ready. It is just another one of my forward moving pieces. I am ready to make this next house a home for at least two years. In two years Noah will graduate, and Alet will have one more year left. It’s hard to imagine two years from now .. It’s hard to imagine my son will be graduating!! Then Alet …. ahh! and then??
Whoa .. let’s back up and enjoy the next coming months! So .. here is my Thursday 13 list of the things I am going to enjoy with the thoughts of this new house .. another step to the new beginnings …
Thirteen Random thoughts on the traditional T13 .. if you want to play, click here ..
If you find yourself in town .. drop by, bring a bottle of wine .. you’re always welcome ..
Happy Birthday to me! … Another day older .. and maybe wiser? Nooo.. that wouldn’t be any fun!
What a fabulous day today .. I dare say today will go down as one of my favorite birthdays .. this morning I had my weekly breakfast with best friend Cyn. She and I have known each for 10 years .. (I never realized it was that long!) .. I love our friendship, complete honesty and truth. With Cyn, you will ALWAYS know where you stand! Then this afternoon I went for a two hour walk with my friend, who is a boy (!) … we try and get our Sunday walks in, when we can .. I completely love our walks … not only do we get a good pace going, but we cover a lot of topics .. and just being able to talk with someone, and not realize you’ve walked 8 miles ~ I think it is safe to say that I would give up a dinner to have this walk! (dinner with no wine of course … because giving up a few glasses of wine for exercise …. that would be difficult .. hmmm I’ll ponder on that one) After my walk, with my friend that is a boy, I took my kids and went to the local Mexican restaurant. On the way, I decided that the coupon I had for my favorite clothing store was expiring today, on my birthday, you know, (and at band camp ….) and that even though the mall was closing in 15 minutes … I needed to get the black, pinstripe jacket now(since the online store didn’t have it) …long story short, I went in and came out with three items .. do the math: the original price on the jacket was $69.95, I walked out spending $74.95 … it was timing, coupon and a sales associate who wanted to do something nice, BECAUSE IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY! (**side note: I looove sales prices; the day just kept getting better!**) So, at the Mexican restaurant, there spur of the moment, another best friend , Janine joined us. It’s always an interesting event when Janine joins the teenagers and I! They like to egg her on .. and the conversations can get interesting! Janine and I always have dessert when we go out .. and what joy was bestowed upon us when our waiter said that since it was MY birthday, the dessert was on the house!! Their deep friend ice cream is literally the best ever! (and .. I have tried many, many kinds .. okay, so maybe the one that I make is slightly better; but for clean up purposes …I’ll gladly eat theirs!) During dinner I got a phone call from an old friend residing in Singapore … HUGE surprise …. icing on the second dessert cake (so to speak) was a call from my high school best friend Julie (see here for a picture and a short story).. she called and sang to me, a tradition she has done for (OMG >>) 24 years!! I hadn’t talked to her in almost a year …so to hear her was just absolutely magnificent.
The one voice I will always miss is my dad’s. Every birthday (and I mean EVERY birthday) he would call me and ALWAYS tell the story of when I was born .. and how the doctors told him I was a boy. Since I was born in Iran, on their New Year’s ..doctors who deliver boys on that day would receive bonus money .. he was proud because he insisted he see me first before paying them. What can I say?! I’ll do almost anything to save a buck!!
What a great day today!
1. Picture of: A red barn
2. Current Scent: I’m not into heavy scents .. (although nothing compares to a Kouros smelling man) .. I enjoy cherry blossom right now ..
3. What I am reading: all I have is Cooking Light .. I'm on a quest for new recipes for my new house!
4. Newest music I added to my playlist: My newest jam for running on my shuffle is "Sex On Fire" by Kings of Leon ... very cool song!
5. Movie I saw: I have a steady movie date, and our last movie was Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief .. not at all a movie I would pick .. but I agreed to "expand my horizons" .. AND go to the late night show ..(quite the feat, since I crash by 9:00 pm!) It was actually enjoyable!
6. Something yummy: My latest crave is baked sweet potatoes ... I bake them and then have them when I want a snack .... melted butter and brown sugar ....MMMM! I feel like I'm being bad, when I'm not!! (well, sort of....>> story of my life!)
7. The Last Place I ate at: My steady date and I went to Apple Bee's before we saw the movie ..pomegranate martini's ... mm (oh, we ate .. quesadillas)
8. Something that made me cry: March has been a great month of NOT crying too much .. but I had a moment a couple of weeks ago during a conversation when I recognized that someone just cared for ME .. (imagine that!)
9. Something that made me laugh: My crazy teenagers .. last night they walked around the house talking in heavy Chinese accents .. it was hilarious
10. Something that I look forward to in April: Photo class with Cyn and Dory! YEAH!! and moving into a new house!!!!
11. Something I am thankful for: (only one?) ..for the ad in the paper, advertising a house for rent, which lead to a new job, a great house ...... and I think the start of my new beginnings!!!
13. A photo I took this month:
I took this picture because I thought it was rather symbolic … I have tried to grow Christmas Cactus for about five years, and I have never been able to get them to bloom. For some reason these two blooms started, just at the same time I thought my 2010 was in a hole .. they were big buds like this right when my new job and new house all fell into place .. new buds … new beginnings … Spring .. finally buds on my Christmas cactus!!!
..tales from the mind!