Sunday, December 7, 2008

Weekend Recap

So here is the weekend recap ... I forgot to play Fill In Friday, so we'll recap instead! Saturday we started with our first official snow day! It wasn't a lot of snow .. about 2 inches at the most.. but it was oh, so pretty! I had made a list of all the things that needed to get done the night before.. but the snow threw me for a loop. Instead we went for the Christmas tree shopping ...

I am not a big Christmas yippee skippy person .. I think some call it "grinch" .. .. I don't like to call it grinch-ness ... I think it is just one of those things where the excitement has been misplaced! Never the less, I still think it is important to get the Christmas tree .. and to go through the motion; perhaps the joy and excitement might rear it's little head ... hmmm, maybe. I really hope that my attitude hasn't rubbed off on to the kids. So, back to Saturday .. I called my bff J to talk about something completely different, and she invited me to go with her and her sd K to get a tree. Mind you, this place was almost an hour drive .. even though, one minute away from me was a temporary tree farm stand, selling perfectly good trees ... .. .. J explained that this is where her mom used to get their trees, and she has gone for years. Okay .. tradition, Christmas time .. oh yes.. so we all piled into the Texas truck, riding in snow. Luckily nothing exciting to report .. I was a little nervous, not sure how this truck handled in the snowy weather .. despite a truck full of teenage attitude, J and I survived! We both picked our tree .. I even bought a thing ... (not a wreath, not sure what to call it) for the entry door .. it is very pretty. Can that be the extend of my decorations, other than decorating the actual tree??
Today when I was making sure the tree was straight in the stand, Alet mentioned in her dry and sarcastic way .."we really didn't need to buy a tree .. we could've just had a cardboard cut out like on the show "Monk", and called it good". .... uh-oh!

No comments: