Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thursday 13 ... 13 thoughts while I miss my laptop

It's time for T13 or Thursday 13 ..
Today is Day 7 of when it happened .... last Thursday I came home from work and was greeted by my girlie teenager and her best friend. They were laughing, having a good time and IN PASSING my lovely daughter said "oh, by the way, I tried to use your laptop, but it won't turn on ... blah, blah, and she kept talking ..." ..."WHAT?!" I said ... "what .. my laptop won't turn on?!?" "yeah, whatever, I tried it ... anyways .." and on she went with her story. Be still my heart .. I couldn't focus anymore .. immediately I went and tried to turn on my baby, my lifeline .. and all I got was a flicker of the three little green lights .. and nothing. ..NOTHING! Did I mention NOTHING?! So I took a deep breath, and tried with my little bit of computer knowledge to troubleshoot. Last year it did this .. and for $89.98 for a new memory card the problem was solved .. perhaps?? Maybe??

Not this time .. today I received the news: most probably a power surge .. a new motherboard .. a new memory card .. and a new hard drive is needed. The worst of it is : my hard drive is gone. So .. in memory of my lap top, today's posting will be 13 Thoughts while I will miss my laptop and my hard drive.


  1. AND WHAT ABOUT ALL MY PICTURES??

  2. ..ALL MY DISNEY PICTURES??

  3. ..ALL MY SISTERS' REUNION PICTURES??

  4. ..ALL MY TEXAS PICTURES?

  5. ..ALL MY BLOG PICTURES?

  6. ..ANTHONY'S IRAQ PICTURES??

  7. ..ALL MY OTHER PICTURES THAT DIDN'T GET INTO THE SCRAPBOOKS THAT EVENTUALLY I WAS GOING TO GET TO

  8. ALL MY ITUNES SONGS ...AHHHHH!

  9. .. damn, what was my password to DSW?

  10. it's just not the same when you are sharing a desk top with your teenagers!

  11. .. email address ~ hey, easy clean up, right??

  12. do I get a new one, or just repair my old faithful ...?

  13. maybe I'll get to bed sooner, since it is quite awkward to lug around a desktop and set it on your lap.

The worst part of this story is that I have been telling myself for months get an external hard drive to store my pictures for the "just in case" ..... OKAY .. I GET IT!


Here is a picture of what is on the desktop that I had found .. an oldie. It was taken at my sister's house back in 2005.. It was my mother's 70th birthday, she had come for a visit. Just a little ray of good news: I do have the pictures from the summer I drove up to Maine .. phew!


Happy rest of Thursday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to comment that you should get an external hard drive, but then I read what you said at the end! I am really paranoid about losing stuff. I have two external hard drives!

Anonymous said...

Oh that really sux. Reminds me that i NEED TO BACK UP AGAIN.
TT#26- A Lil Too Straight?

Karen said...

I am sorry you lost so much from your computer. It happens so often. The motherboard on my computer went in 2007 and I opted to buy a new desktop computer. I was fortunate that my hard drive was still okay and I keep an external hard drive as a backup.

Good luck with all that and happy TT

My expressions LIVE said...

I can totally relate.....the pictures are the most important thing....

tommie said...

When mine crashed, it was totally worth it to just get a new one.

Sorry...you lost all those pics. Do your sisters have any of them?

The Bumbles said...

Ohhhh - that sucks. I have a flash card thingy that I bought at Staples for like $20 or $30 and it stores all my photos. I carry it around in my purse. I have them on my laptop, on my flash drive and uploaded onto Kodak Gallery. I am paranoid they will all be zapped some day. I feel for ya.