Today is Day 7 of when it happened .... last Thursday I came home from work and was greeted by my girlie teenager and her best friend. They were laughing, having a good time and IN PASSING my lovely daughter said "oh, by the way, I tried to use your laptop, but it won't turn on ... blah, blah, and she kept talking ..." ..."WHAT?!" I said ... "what .. my laptop won't turn on?!?" "yeah, whatever, I tried it ... anyways .." and on she went with her story. Be still my heart .. I couldn't focus anymore .. immediately I went and tried to turn on my baby, my lifeline .. and all I got was a flicker of the three little green lights .. and nothing. ..NOTHING! Did I mention NOTHING?! So I took a deep breath, and tried with my little bit of computer knowledge to troubleshoot. Last year it did this .. and for $89.98 for a new memory card the problem was solved .. perhaps?? Maybe??
Not this time .. today I received the news: most probably a power surge .. a new motherboard .. a new memory card .. and a new hard drive is needed. The worst of it is : my hard drive is gone. So .. in memory of my lap top, today's posting will be 13 Thoughts while I will miss my laptop and my hard drive.
- AND WHAT ABOUT ALL MY PICTURES??
- ..ALL MY DISNEY PICTURES??
- ..ALL MY SISTERS' REUNION PICTURES??
- ..ALL MY TEXAS PICTURES?
- ..ALL MY BLOG PICTURES?
- ..ANTHONY'S IRAQ PICTURES??
- ..ALL MY OTHER PICTURES THAT DIDN'T GET INTO THE SCRAPBOOKS THAT EVENTUALLY I WAS GOING TO GET TO
- ALL MY ITUNES SONGS ...AHHHHH!
- .. damn, what was my password to DSW?
- it's just not the same when you are sharing a desk top with your teenagers!
- .. email address ~ hey, easy clean up, right??
- do I get a new one, or just repair my old faithful ...?
- maybe I'll get to bed sooner, since it is quite awkward to lug around a desktop and set it on your lap.
The worst part of this story is that I have been telling myself for months get an external hard drive to store my pictures for the "just in case" ..... OKAY .. I GET IT!
Here is a picture of what is on the desktop that I had found .. an oldie. It was taken at my sister's house back in 2005.. It was my mother's 70th birthday, she had come for a visit. Just a little ray of good news: I do have the pictures from the summer I drove up to Maine .. phew!
Happy rest of Thursday!