Saturday, August 2, 2008

PhotoStoryFriday ~ Klondike Bars

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

Klondike Bars ... I love them .. haven't had them in a very, very long time until this past week! Let me explain! You see, my motto is "if it's not in the house, I won't eat it..." .. so when it is grocery shopping time, I try very, very hard to only buy the "good for you" foods . Okay, occasionally the bag of M&M's or Peppermint Patty's find their way in my shopping cart ... but on the whole, I try to be good.


Every week I create my grocery shopping list .. and every week I ask my wonderful teenagers what they would like ... last week my loving son said "Klondike bars" . I looked at him (trying hard to conceal the jubilance of the mere idea that we would have Klondike Bars in the freezer!!! Yippee!) , I asked "Klondike Bars??" he said "Yes, you know .. especially the ones with M&M's in them!". Noah is a very constant personality .. so to ask for Klondike Bars was really something different for him. As mother, who am I not to grant him his only wish for the week ... Klondike Bars .. WITH M&M's in them! (He is also NOT a junk food eater .. so this was really HUGE!).

So .. fast forward to the freezer section of the local Super WalMart .. who knew there were SO MANY choices of Klondike Bars ?? Last time I looked there was only the "original" and now there was Dark chocolate .. Oreo .... but alas, No M&M's! Husband looked at me .. what to do? My son wanted M&M Klondike Bars .. the best solution ... buy two kinds: Original and Oreo's ..after all, he loves Oreo Cookies ice cream (hmm, which is my favorite) ..and if he didn't like the Oreo, surely he would enjoy the Original... it's all about choices isn't it??

When we got home, and were unloading .. I proudly announced to Noah that we bought the Klondike Bars .. but explained that they didn't have M&M's. We promptly put them in the freezer .. (imagine .. TWO packs of Klondike Bars in the freezer ... that's a total of 12 Klondike Bars ..... mmmmmmm!). Every night Noah has dessert after dinner, so this night was no different than any other night. He picked up his plate, put it in the sink .. then went for the freezer, and pulled out an Oreo Klondike Bar. He opened it up, took a bite ... then another. (All the while I am thinking ... "mmm which one, Original or Oreo ??")

Suddenly he started to wrap up the half eaten Oreo Klondike Bar back in the wrapper, and said .. I don't really like it, want it?" as he began to hand me the blue packet. "You don't like it?!" (is this MY child?) I asked with complete confusion .. "No," he said, "I don't think it's what I wanted .. you know, the Klondike Bars come in a box .. with M&M's .. there's six in a box .. I don't think you put them in the freezer ..... you used to buy them all the time, as snacks for us ..." ...My mouth dropped open "you mean GRANOLA bars?" ... "Yes, I guess .. they come also with chocolate chips .. " .... "yes, son ... those are called Granola Bars, not Klondike Bars ..."

AUGH! Now I have 9 Klondike bars in the freezer (yes, do the math!!).. .. .. .. .. how many miles do I need to run? I need to call bf J, she is my accountability food manager .. she is not going to be pleased!


3 comments:

tommie said...

eeks! Take them outside the next time the kids are out....then they will be gone.

Did you get your run in?

Brandt! said...

yes .. i have no choice!

Cecily R said...

So...what would YOU do for a Klondike bar?? Dang it, now that jingle is going to be stuck in my head for three days!